Cinnamon Sugar Muffins

Monday, November 28, 2011 Comments
Or maybe cupcakes? I'm not sure... what is the difference between a cupcake and a muffin anyway?


They look pretty yummy don't they? This was the first time I made them and I can assure you that they were. I especially liked the crunchy top! Here is what you need to make them

* 75 g butter.
* 1,5 dl. milk.
* 1 big egg.
* 3 dl. flour.
* 1,5 dl. sugar.
* 2 teaspoons baking powder.
* 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar.
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.

First melt the butter in a kettle. Don't do this over to much heat as you don't want the butter to brown at all. When the butter has melted add the milk and then one egg. Make sure the egg is room tempratured! This is a essential key to sucessful baking. Whish the egg in gently.



In another bowl, add all the dry ingridients. Don't add more cinnamon then the recipe says! I know it can be tempting. Or maybe it's just for me? I felt 1/4 was to little so I dobbeled, maybe trippeled that and mine came out a tad to cinnamony! Blend all the ingridients gently together, I used a spoon.


Shift all the dry ingridients into the wet ingridients.


And stir it all together. Make sure you use a spatula to get all the stuff on the sides into the batter. Don't stir for to long, we want the batter to remain light and not get stiff.


Place paper liners in a cupcake pan and fill them up about 2/3 full. If you have an icecream spoon this is perfect for scooping batter, but if you don't just use a ladle or a regular spoon.


In the middle of the oven for 20 - 25 minutes and voila! Perfect cinnamon cupcakes. Watch the clock, I checked mine at exactly 20 minutes and they were a second away from being over bakes!


The muffins are good to go as they are now, but if you want to have something extra here is what you need:

* 50 g butter.
* 1 dl. sugar.
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

Now, there is two ways of doing this. What I did was I melted the butter, then blended inn the cinnamon and sugar, before dipping the cupcakes in the goo. My friend however, she told me that what she does is melts the butter. Then blends the sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Dips the cupcake in the butter and then in the sugar mix. Which makes her look a lot better! So I'm going to that next time.


Let me know if you try these out! Yum yum yum!