American Style Pancakes

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 Comments

Last night it was getting late before I was ready to get dinner started, not to mention the fact that it was pouring outside and I was not the least bit interested in running the store. So, I decided to make due with what I had in my kitchen already. Since I had the regular Scandinavian pancakes not to long ago, I decided to give the American Breakfast pancakes ago.



You can have breakfast for dinner can't you? Brinner?? Anyway, this is what you need:

American Breakfast Pancakes

  • 25 g flour
  • 50 g sugar
  • 0,5 teaspoon salt
  • 2,4 dl milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 50 g butter, melted.

+

  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder.


Before we start now, remember: I am a american pancake virgin! So bear with me ;)

In a bowl put the milk and the eggs.


Melt the butter, pour it in with the milk and eggs and whisk it all together. In another bowl, shift the flour and mix it with sugar and salt.



Then the stir the flour mix into the liquid mix.




Let the batter rest for at least an hour. If you plan to actually serve them for dinner, and not brinner like me, then you can put it the fridge the night before and it will be fine and ready to go the next morning.



Just before you're ready to cook your pancakes, takes 2 tablespoons of flour and the baking powder and mix it together in a cup. Pour the cup into the batter and you're ready.



Heat a non-stick pan over medium to medium-high heat. If you don't have a non stick pan you'll need some butter or some oil for the cooking.


Add about 4 tablespoons of batter to the pan.



Cook until they are set around the edges and the bubbles in the middle are starting to pop and then turn.



If the bubbles aren't popping when the side that's turned down are brown that means that the batter is to thick. No problem just thin it out with some milk or water. Like what happened to me...

Keep in mind, this was my first American style pancake ever! Please, I don't normally burn stuff! Pinkyswear... Here is my second attempt, after I thinned out the batter a bit.

Much better don't you agree? Serve with nuts and jam. Or whatever you like!


I think mine tasted so nice with peanuts that the next time I think I'll put them straight into the batter!



What did you have for dinner last night? Are you a brinner fan?

xoxo

Blogarina