World's Best Cupcakes

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 Comments

These vanilla cupcakes are the best I have ever had! So yummy! I made them for a little princess who turned 5 and they were a hit with her, her friends and all the adults.


I really wanted to make Passion 4 Baking's smarties cupcakes for her, because of the fun way Manuela decorated them. But since they contained oatmeal I was afraid that the children wouldn't like them. Therefore I made her Vanilla Cupcakes instead, blended in some smarties and decorated it the way she decorated her smarties cupcakes. So fun! The birthday girl saw them, her eyes went wide and she was super excited. If there is one thing I know is that although adults will prefer an ugly cake that taste divine, for children it is all about the looks!


Here is the recipe for the best vanilla cupcakes I have ever tasted:


Vanilla Cupcakes

  • 3 dl sugar
  • 200 g butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 5 dl flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
  • 4 dl cream.
  • 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract.
  • (Extra ingridients: smarties, chocolate chips, caramel, blue berries, ect. )

First take out your eggs and the butter you are going to use. In baking, it's always better when these two ingredients are room temperature.

In bowl add the sugar and the butter.

Then add the vanilla extract.

With you blender mix them together until the it's a fluffy mixture.

Crack the eggs and add them one at the time, carefully blending them in.

In a separate bowl, add the flour and the baking powder. Mix them properly together with a fork. Don't cheat one this point, it is one of the secrets for successfull baking.

Add the dry mix to the rest of the batter and blend it all together.

Here I added about 400 g of smarties into the batter. Notice that this differs from the base recipe!

Put cupcakes papir into your cupcake bakepan and fill each with a cupcake batter. About 2/3 full. You don't want to fill them more because they will rise during baking. If you want the more typical muffin with the infamous muffin top, fill them completely Just know, this will make frosting harder.

Into the oven on 200C for 15 minutes.

And voila! Beautiful cupcakes!

Smelled inredible!

And that's the end of the base recipe!

I copied Manuela's decorating idea for her Smarties cupcakes, because I thought the birthday girl would love it and boy was I right! Here is what you need:

Frosting and Decoration

  • 250 g raspberries.
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar.
  • 3 dl of confectioners sugar.
  • Marshmallows.
  • Sprinkles.

First press all the juice out of the berries and into a bowl. Use a strainer to get all the stones out. I didn't have a strainer at hand, but it didn't matter. Mix the raspberry juice and the confectioners sugar.Here I ran into som problems as it was to liquid and wouldn't sit on the cupcakes. I used cornstarch to make it stiffer! Weird, I now but it worked. Also, putting in the fridge (while checking it constantly so it doesn't get to stiff) is probably a better idea.


Poor 1 or 2 teaspoons of frosting on each cupcake.


Look at that nice color!


Ass you can see the frosting is pretty liquid, it is so much easier when the cupcake is flat to put it on. I didn't do that at all of mine, so what you see here is the result of breaking the 2/3 rule I mentioned above.

Now for the decorations. Take out some marshmallows.

Cut each marshmallow in 4.

Put some sprinkles on the marshmallow like this. Put it the gooey side, it will stick.

Place the marshmallow bits on the cupcake and voila! A cupcake worthy of a 5 year old princess!

I'm sorry these are all the photos I have, I was planning on taking some at the party when they were displayed nicely. But they got ripped away to fast. Yes. They are that good!

Let me know if you try them!


xoxo